UltiMaker Method X Carbon Fiber
CARBON FIBER MADE ACCESSIBLE
Replace metal parts and assemblies with 3D printed Carbon Fiber and dissolvable supports!
Don’t limit yourself to one material category - with UltiMaker METHOD’s modular extruder platform you can seamlessly switch between metals, composites, and polymers to tackle whatever your next job calls for.
LABS Materials require purchase of compatible LABS GEN 2 Experimental Extruder
DUAL EXTRUSION COMPOSITE 3D PRINTING FOR ADVANCED GEOMETRIES
- Patented VECT™ 110 (Variable Environmental Controlled Temperature) Thermal Regulation evenly heats and controls the print environment leading to parts that are 2x stronger on the z-axis, and 2x more accurate across the board.
- The 1C Composite Extruder is engineered, optimized, and tested to withstand abrasive composite materials for maximum lifespan.
- Dual extruders with water-soluble support material allow you to print in unlimited geometries and simplify your workflow.
STRONG, HEAT-RESISTANT METAL REPLACEMENT PARTS
- Excellent strength to weight ratio – 110 MPa TS – for lightweighting applications such as robotic end effectors.
- Engineering-grade stiffness with high heat resistance under load for parts that perform.
- Composites ranging from Nylon 12 Carbon Fiber to ABS Kevlar give you flexibility on your project and rigidness in your part.
- Print Metals, Composites, and Polymers and infinite 3rd party options with 6-in-1 Modular Performance Extruders for METHOD X.
IMPORT YOUR COMPLEX DESIGNS, HIT PRINT IN CARBON FIBER.
- Design in your favorite CAD software, then prep, print, and monitor remotely from CloudPrint™.
- Quickly change from production composites to modeling materials with the hands-free SmartAssist™ Material Loading System.
- Spring Steel Build Plate is durable enough to withstand thousands of prints in abrasive composites and the print pops off cleanly with a simple flex.
ALL THE RESOURCES YOU NEED TO START 3D PRINTING OUT OF THE BOX
We’ll send onboarding instructions, tips, and videos to get you started printing reliable parts straight out of the box with METHOD
With over 25 videos and over 100 articles, our team has all the content you need to keep printing high quality parts in a variety of materials on METHOD.
Whether you prefer phone, email, or live chat, MakerBot support experts are just a step away.
- Dual performance extruders
- Dry-sealed material bays
- 100°C circulated heated build chamber
- Wifi Connectivity and 21 on-board sensors
- Remote monitoring and printing
- 25 Compatible CAD file types
- 5" Full-color capacitive touch screen
- Over 300,000 hours of reliability testing
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- 1 UltiMaker METHOD X 3D Printer
- 1 Spring Steel Build Plate
- 1 Composite Extruder
- 1 Performance Extruder 2XA Support
- 1 Performance Extruder 2 Support
- 1 Nozzle Brush
- 1 Hex Key
- 1 USB A-to-B Cable
- 1 US Power Cord
- 1 EU Power Cord
Please note: MakerBot materials sold separately.
Method Material and Extruder Compatibility Chart
- Filament Diameter1.75 mm
- TechnologyFFF / FDM
- Build Volume190 x 190 x 196 mm (7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in)
- Special OffersYes
- Physical Dimensions437 x 413 x 649 mm (17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in)
- Net Weight29.5 kg (65 lbs)
- Layer Resolution20 - 400 microns
- Nozzle Diameter0.4 mm
- Build Speed< 50 mm3/sec
- Build PlateFlexible steel build plate
- ConnectivityWi-Fi, Ethernet, USB
- Compatible OSMacOS and Windows
- Slicing SoftwareMakerBot Print
- Warranty Period12 months
- High TempNo
- Large VolumeNo
- Fully enclosedYes
- Advanced MaterialsYes
- Heated Build PlateNo